Have those ‘awks’ conversations about the big stuff more confidently.
Learn how to have unambiguous conversations about topics like racism and antisemitism, sexism and misogyny, sex, respectful relationship and consent.
Modern day parenting seems much more complicated than in previous generations! Young people have so much more information (and misinformation!) on topics previously labelled ‘adults only’…
This webinar helps parents have unambiguous conversations about topics like racism and antisemitism, sexual assault and consent. It will also help you understand how and why sometimes even really ‘good kids’ can find themselves in unsavoury group chat threads, and suspended or even expelled from their school.
There are hundreds of resources on how to parent well, yet many parents are incredibly busy and parents are eager for practical strategies that they can quickly apply to situations with children and young people.
This 60-minute webinar (or live, in person presentation) will talk parents through some of the topics and challenges that arise in parenting tweens and teens (from ages 10 to 18) and ways to make communication and connection part of your family fabric.
- how to define your family values and things you care about.
- how to have unambiguous conversations about topics like sex, sexuality, consent, racism, bullying and online issues
- how and why sometimes even really ‘good kids’ can find themselves in trouble with certain behaviours in groups and online
- where to find trusted resources on key modern topics (parents will receive a link to a resource bank).
- the soft skills and practical strategies for having both casual conversations and ‘big talks’ and how to manage these with your children (at various developmental levels).
Live in person
Pre-recorded 70 -minute video lesson + resources list and additional reading.
Parents of children from 10 to 18 years.
Praise for ‘Talking to Tweens/Teens About Tricky topics’
– Parent 2022
– Parent 2022